We help students pass the Virginia Bar Exam.
Learn to apply the right study strategies through targeted essay practice, spaced repetition memorization, and graded practice essays with actionable feedback. The strategies we recommend are different from what you’ll hear from the major players in bar review. Our course isn’t a replacement for the big guys, but an add-on that boosts your knowledge of the Virginia-specific section of this tough exam.
LexBar is a self-paced online course focused entirely on the Virginia essays.
Did you know that the Virginia Essays are worth 60% of your cumulative score on the bar? The major bar review companies prepare students well for the MBE. But these companies do not sufficiently focus on state-specific black-letter law. Many of the graders for the big companies give little thought to providing actionable and specific comments on the practice essays. LexBar is an online, self-paced, add-on to your primary bar review course that will prepare you for the way Virginia writes essay questions, and provide actionable and specific feedback on your practice essays.
Confidently finish day 1 of the Virginia Bar Exam
LexBar includes detailed & thoughtful essay grading. It complements your primary bar review course, providing focused practice for the Virginia-specific section of the exam. Most bar review programs end about two weeks before the Virginia Bar Exam. LexBar can fill that gap, boosting your Virginia-specific knowledge in comparison to your peers.
Each of the 14 self-paced lessons includes:
- An online Concepts & Rules Quiz covering the lesson’s relevant rules
- A practice essay question for you to outline or answer
- A 6-12 minute video explanation of sample correct answers and essay structure
- A self-evaluation questionnaire that tracks your progress & highlights areas for improvement
Not Just Any Random Practice Essays
- Actual previous exam questions, expertly selected by statistical analysis of previous exams
- Predicted exam questions written from my review of recent Virginia case law
Three Graded Essays, Returned to You Within 24 Hours
- Upload your practice essay on 3 lessons, which our small team of talented Virginia lawyers will grade and return to you
- Actionable & helpful comments, from experts on Virginia Bar Exam prep, analyzing your graded essays within 24 hours of submission
- Course enrollment is strictly limited so we can provide excellent feedback to every enrolled student
- Self-paced, so you can complete it as quickly or slowly as you want. You will need a minimum of 14 days to complete it.
- Your primary bar review course will end about 2 weeks before the exam, this essay course fits perfectly in that gap. Regardless of when you start the lessons, the course will remain available until after your bar exam is over.